Re: switching X resolution modes?

On 13-12-2004 18:54,James Vahn wrote:
> Michal R. Hoffman wrote:
>> Is any application/script which can change modes in X? For example, I
>> have defined in XF86Config-4:
>> Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"
>> I know I can switch between them using Ctrl-Alt-GrPlus/GrMinus. I need
>> to switch them with a script. Is it possible?
>        xrandr - primitive command line interface to RandR extension

No, I do know that one. xrandr changes the screen resolution, and I lost
my virtual screen. I want to have 1280x1024 virtual screen, but change
the real resolution between available modes, like with

***  Michal R. Hoffmann        |    <mailto:misiek@knm.org.pl>      ***
***             -= member of: KNM, ZUKiH, HCKU =-                   ***