Re: switching X resolution modes?

Michal R. Hoffman wrote:
> Is any application/script which can change modes in X? For example, I
> have defined in XF86Config-4:
>
> Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"
>
> I know I can switch between them using Ctrl-Alt-GrPlus/GrMinus. I need
> to switch them with a script. Is it possible?

NAME
       xrandr - primitive command line interface to RandR extension

DESCRIPTION
       Xrandr is uses to set the screen size, orientation  and/or  reflection.
       The  -s  option is a small integer index used to specify which size the
       screen should be set to.  To find out what sizes are available, use the
       -q option, which reports the sizes available, the current rotation, and
       the possible rotations and reflections.  The default size is the  first
       size  specified in the list.  The -o option is used to specify the ori-
       entation of the screen, and can be one of "normal inverted left right 0
       1 2 3".