Re: Conversion PDF->WMF

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 06:36:26PM -0500, Gregory Seidman wrote:
> Because of unpleasant requirements at work, I am producing diagrams in a
> Windows program that has no export capabilities at all. I can print,
> however, and I am using the free PDFCreator project from sourceforge to
> generate PDFs. This is all well and good, but I now need to insert these
> diagrams in Word and modify them, which sucks.

[snip]

> Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to translate from PDF to CGM,
> WMF, or EMF?

Word can use placeable EPS files. Are you printing to a post script
printer? If you are this would be your best solution - just convert from
pdf to eps and put these in your word document.

Oh - I just saw you need to modify them.... you could be out of luck.
You might be able to go to svg fairly easily - but I doubt that word has
ever heard if this great format.

Actually - Word does a terrible job of importing emf and wmf to edit as
well. You might need to go for something a bit beastier like CorelDRAW.

Even if you are not printing to a postscript printer, you could use
ghostscript (or even pdfcreator again, maybe - I don't know how that
program works)

You can setup ghostscript printers really easily in windows - take a
look at the redmon program on the ghostscript web site.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a