Re: Why do people use 1280x1024? (was Re: custom gdm screen resolution? [SOLVED - work around])

Steve Block wrote:
As far as to the 1280x1024 question, I don't know. What I do know is that when I run my 19" Trinitron on 1280x1024 everything looks great, and when I run it at 1280x960 things look strange. Maybe I just got used to the aspect over time.

Because of this discussion I decided to give 1280x960 a whirl today. On my ancient MAG 15" things looked about the same. I could tell it was smaller because a line or two on the terminal would be missing but that was it. Everything else looked normal so I left it.

On my Micron 19" pretty much the same thing. Though I'm used to running that one at 1600x1200. Past few days have been hell as I've been installing about a dozen different Linux installs and haven't gotten X to go back up that high. Anyway, was running it at 1280x1024 recently and dropped to 1280x960. Didn't see any difference other than I could tell my terminals lost a line or two. *shrug*