Re: visual c++ equivalent

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 22:16 -0600, Eric Scott wrote:
> Micha Feigin wrote:
>
> >At Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:17:17 -0600,
> >Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

[snip]

> >And if you are interested even Microsoft themselves don't use visual. The whole
> >tool chain for windows is command line (I think it is proprietary though).
> >

> Scary... when Microsoft shys away from using their own product.......
> But I suppose the real power in M$'s development platform is in the .NET
> classes, which are all just as accessible from the command-line compiler
> as the "F5" button in Visual Studio ;-).

Besides, a tool that work *well* for a 500,000 SLOC app won't
necessarily work on monsters like Windows, SQL Server and Office.

That doesn't mean, though, that large and mid-sized projects
should stop using VC++.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based
on mutual trust and only secondarily on institutions such as
courts of justice and police."
Albert Einstein