Conexant Accessrunner

Hi again

Is there any chance I might get some answers to this? If not, any suggestions as to how I might get some help?

John

Hi

I have managed to install Woody 3.0r3, and otherwise I am new to Linux.

I am trying to install a driver for my Conexant AccessRunner PCI ADSL modem.

The (18 page!) instructions for installing the Linux drivers that came
with the modem start by by stating:

"To use the Conexant ADSL drivers, you must upgrade your Linux kernel to
add support for ATM and the required encapsulation protocols. The
drivers will not work on Linux kernels without this support. Currently,
we support the Red Hat 6.2 and 7.1 distributions. For Red Hat 6.2, the
resulting upgraded kernel is 2.2.16. For Red Hat 7.1, Red Hat recommends
upgrading to kernel 2.4.3-12, which we support."

Since I obtained the modem in March and I have only just obtained Woody,
I would think that my kernel is sufficiently up to date.  Is that so,
and if not how do I update it (or where do I find the instructions on
how to do so)?

The instructions then say I need a PPP Daemon.  Woody seems to have PPP
support, is that so?

Then the instructions say:

"‧ Get the distributed driver RPM file for your product and Linuxkernel
version (from CD, website, etc.) from the appropriate driver directory
and place it the /usr/src directory (e.g., the driver for kernel version
2.2.16 would be named

CnxADSL-TgrATM_k2.2.16_6.1.2.007-7.i386.rpm and found in the directory
Tigris_K2.2.16_Driver):"

So, what is the name of the driver I need and where can I find it?

John