getting rid of appletalk at boot?

Hello!

i have set up cups to use my new Espon aculaser c4100, but for the
moment i got only strange output...

the test page send from the gnome-cups-manager comes out really fine
after switching the driver to 4000 instead of 4100 cause there's no
alc4100 as a valid gs driver....

but as soon as i print anything, the stuff comes out in a really strange
jumpy font, perhaps nice for some artwork, but otherwise totally
unreadable....

i am quite stuck, and don't know what to do to get cups and this printer
working....  the concerning web pages tell me that this printer support
is perfect (which is completely wrong...), my problem seems way to
unimportant to the cups-mailing list and i need to print some important
stuff by yesterday :(, so if anyone has a hint on whats going wrong....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org