Re: cron jobs + (some?) output

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 07:11:29AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Maurits van Rees wrote:
> >You run mplayer from a cron job. You kill mplayer from a cron job. A
> >mail with details gets mailed to root. Okay. Interesting. Was there a
> >question I missed?
>
> Did you know that output of a no shell background job is mailed to you?
> I didn't. That's why I posted it. Should all posts be questions?

No. But it wasn't clear - at least to me - if (1) you just wanted to
remark that or if (2) you wanted to ask if that was normal behaviour
or if (3) you were asking what the contents of that mailed output
actually meant. So it wasn't clear to me if any follow up was
needed. Apparently option 1 was the case. That's clear now, so case
closed. I didn't miss a question after all. :)

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill