Re: Iptables the "Debian" way?

Joe wrote on 2004-12-08 01:16:
I have to admit this is one of the few mods I make to Debian. I've set up an iptables script which starts, stops, clears and checks status. Iptables is not, of course, a daemon, but start installs rules and enables ip forwarding, stop clears them and disables ip forwarding, clear clears the rules but leaves ip forwarding running (no firewall) and status shows which script (/etc/init.d/iptables.rules by default) has been used to start iptables. There's a small text file placed in /var/run/subsys that stores this.

I would post it, but I'm afraid I nicked the /init.d/functions module from an old LFS to make life easier, and it's quite long.

If it's too long for the list, could you mail a copy directly to me please.

Cheers,
Ray