Re: debmirror: cpu bound?

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Otto Wyss wrote:

> Christian Convey <conveycj@npt.nuwc.navy.mil> wrote:
>
> > FYI, the local mirror currently has about 12GB of content.  I don't know
> > whether or not that implies I should expect a very long period of
> > CPU-boundedness for debmirror.
> >
> Why don't you use distsync from DpartialMirror
> "http://dpartialmirror.sourceforge.net/";? I run it almost daily and it
> runs about a quarter hour and seldom needs more than a few % cpu. My
> mirror is about 9GM.

from the quick look see, it seems like it will keep your pc in sync
with the master .

if you're running sarge, it looks like it wont mirror sid/woody ?

i use multiple apps to [try to] keep my local mirrors updated:

	apt-get update + apt-move to see that it works

	apt-proxy for mirror sid/sarge/woody

	- its usually done in a few minutes on a C3-800 w/ 256MB of memory

	i'm trying to keep one "mirror" tree for all mirrors
	including from cdrom ..

other mirror apps thingie ma jigs ..

	http://www.iso9660.org/Debian/LocalMirror/Apps/

c ya