Re: I don't want games!!!

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 07:07 -0600, Ian R. Meinzen wrote:
> I am currently running sarge with both KDE and Gnome installed.  I'd
> like to remove the games from my system (*WAY* too much temptation for
> someone who is already far enough behind), but I noticed that the kde
> and gnome-desktop-environment packages depend on the games packages.  Is
> there a way to force this dependency off?  I'd hate to have a bunch of
> broken dpendencies lying around.  Any help would be appreciated.

You should check out kde-core and gnome-core. These are both minimal
packs for installing a very basic kde/gnome desktop with extraneous
material. the *-desktop-environment packs tend to depend on these
anyway. Then if you look at the various dependencies of the
*-desktop-environments you can pick and choose what you want to
install/run and choose not to install gnome-games, etc if you don't want
to.

This is something that Debian does really well, there's nothing worse
that having to download packages you don't need or want and have it
taking up HD space needlessly.

Lex.