Re: running debian on graphics cards

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
I was just reading about how powerful GPUs are getting and I wondered
whether anybody has got Debian to run on one?

If you look on google you should find a project to do math on your
GPU, IIRC was someting like "GPGPU"...

Thanks Andrea, that was a good link. the site is <http://www.gpgpu.org/>. There doesn't seem to be a full-blown OS yet, but there is an implementation of a language called Brook <http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/brookgpu/lang.html> that claims to be an extension of ANSI C. So it's just a matter of time ...

Thanks again,
Dave