Re: Ending a thread

On Monday 06 December 2004 2:29 pm, Jeremy Turner wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 02:41:16PM -0600, Jim Hall wrote:
> > I've noticed a certain variability in ending threads. Is there a
> > particular way to do this, or is it as simple as replying to the
last
> > post and adding "problem solved" to the subject?
>
> I don't believe this topic is covered on the Mailing Lists pages
> <http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/>.

No, but it is covered in http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html,
which is generally assumed to be something you should *already* know as
a part of basic common sense.  Note that ESR's Smart Questions HOWTO is
applicable to telephone tech support, too, to some degree, and tech
support staff everywhere more or less expect you to already have tried
what ESR suggests.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org