Re: Network card woes

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 17:05 +0000, Mike Croucher wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install Debian (The latest stable
> release) on a shiny new viglen machine but they seem
> to have given me a weird network card. It was not
> autodetected by the installer and I cannot find any
> info that helps via a google search. lspci gives me
>
> Ethernet controller: Galileo Technology Ltd.: Unknown
> device 4361 (rev 17)
>
> lspci -v adds some more lines - the first few of which
> are
>
> Subsystem: Intel corp.: unkown device 3066
> Flags: Bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
> Memory at ff6fc000 (64 bit, non prefetchable)
> [size=16k]
>
> I haven't put the full output because it takes so long
> for me to transcribe it from the machine to my
> notebook to a internet connected machine but if anyone
> needs it then of course I will post full details.
>
> I have never had any network card problems in the past
> so I am not sure what is required.  If I need to post
> more info then I will.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Install Sarge, instead.  It has a much more modern suite of drivers.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"What's your genius, perfect 20 years too late Monday morning
quarterback answer to how the US should have responded to the
Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Oh wait, you're just talking crap
- you don't have a real answer, you're just regurgitating crap
from NPR."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=76597&cid=6839483