Re: Framebuffer console - chrooted Debian install

cga <cga9999@softhome.net> wrote:

> >Probably you need to install at least "fbset" package.
> >

> No, I was referring to a Debian config script. The switch to graphical
> console takes place very early on in the boot process and the code has
> to be a functional part of the kernel (compiled-in or module). fbset is
> a utility that lets you switch/display console settings after boot.

I once had a "/usr/bin/fbset -a 1280x1024-60" in /etc/profile only
because I wanted to have the framebuffer driver built as a module.

O. Wyss

--
Development of frame buffer drivers: http://linux-fbdev.sf.net
Sample code snippets for wxWidgets: http://wxcode.sf.net