Re: Debian Apache Config Document

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 11:40:41AM +0800, Lian Liming wrote:
>     I am a linux user who swich other linux distro to debian linux. I
> find apache configuration on debian seems a little different from other
> distro.  So i am looking for document for apache configuration on debian.

What I did is for each virtual host "foo", add a file
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/foo, with contents like this:

  <VirtualHost *>
  	ServerName foo.net
  	ServerAlias www.foo.net foo
  	DocumentRoot /var/www/foo
  	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/foo/cgi-bin/
  	ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/foo/error.log
  	CustomLog /var/log/apache2/foo/access.log combined
  </VirtualHost>

also:

  mkdir /var/log/apache2/foo /var/www/foo

and put documents for the "foo.net" virtual host in /var/www/foo

Put these lines in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
before the Include ... sites-enabled at the end:

  ServerName foo.net
  ServerAdmin root@foo.net
  ServerSignature On
  LogLevel warn

  NameVirtualHost *

hopefully this is some help to you.
good chance for me to find out whether I did something dumb or not, too :)

If you prefer, you can also put your vhost conf files in
/etc/apache2/sites-available, and symlink them to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled,
otherwise just move them from one to the other if you want to enable / disable
them.

Sam