Re: Can't get hal/udev/hotplug/whatever to mount usb flash card reader

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 04:30:31 -0600, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 10:29 +0100, Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I found out about this after a fairly prolonged fight with the problem.
> > >    Once g-v-m is running most things are working very well. There are
> > > some issues with a 2in1 card-reader I still haven't sorted out, and I
> > > can't get a PCMCIA flash card reader to work well with hal or hotplug,
> > > but most of the common things are working.
> > >

> > Well, i still have to figure out how to have the "ide-cd" kernel
> > module loaded (with hotplug?) other than put his name in /etc/module,
> > i.e. other than statically loading it at boot time.
> >
> > Time to peruse the HAL/udev sources, maybe... =)
>
> I'm 99.99% sure that ide-cd was eliminated in the v2.6 kernels.

modprobe -l | grep ide-cd                                        ~
/lib/modules/2.6.9-1-k7/kernel/drivers/ide/ide-cd.ko

I don't know if something is misconfigured here, but the only way to
have the CD working (well, it's a DVD reader but i don't think this
could be the culprit) is loading the "ide-cd" module and isn't loaded
automatically...

Andrea