Re: Unable to use scanner

Rick Friedman(RickFriedman@vfemail.net) is reported to have said:
> I have an HP PSC 2110 All-In-One (printer, copier, scanner & fax). So
> far, I have not been able to figure out how to use it with Debian (Sarge).
>
> I ran the sane-find-scanner command and received the following output:
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2911 [PSC
> 2200 Series]) at libusb:002:002
>   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
> supported by
>   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>
> I ran scanimage -L and received the following:
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>
> What do I have to do to get the scanner working? Is it even supported by
> SANE?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Rick
    Go to the sane website.  They list every scanner they support and
    have instructions on how to get it working.

    You could find your answer faster there then waiting for someone
    here who 'might' have the same scanner.

    WT
--
Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
down the system for days.