Re: Unable to use scanner

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 22:55 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Rick Friedman(RickFriedman@vfemail.net) is reported to have said:
> > I have an HP PSC 2110 All-In-One (printer, copier, scanner & fax). So
> > far, I have not been able to figure out how to use it with Debian (Sarge).
> >
> > I ran the sane-find-scanner command and received the following output:
> >
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2911 [PSC
> > 2200 Series]) at libusb:002:002
> >   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
> > supported by
> >   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
> >
> > I ran scanimage -L and received the following:
> >
> > No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> > check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> > sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> > which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> >
> > What do I have to do to get the scanner working? Is it even supported by
> > SANE?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
>  Rick
>     Go to the sane website.  They list every scanner they support and
>     have instructions on how to get it working.
>
>     You could find your answer faster there then waiting for someone
>     here who 'might' have the same scanner.

In a similar vein, I have the hp scanjet 4670. SANE knows that there's a
scanner there, but that's as far as it goes. At last check of
sane-project.org it's still unsupported. So it goes.

Probably should have been a good idea to cross-check that site as *well*
as the OfficeMax/Office Depot/Staples sites when I was looking for a
scanner in the first place. :P :)