Re: How to Forwarding all old emails to a new email address

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 07:20:55PM -0500, Thanhvu Nguyen wrote:

> I want to forward all my old mails to a new email address one by one
> instead of a big achieve. Of course I can manually forward one by one but
> I like to have this automated. Is there any (mail) application that allows
> me to do filters to do what I want ?
>
> My inbox has about thousands of msg's in mailbox format, current I use
> mutt to view them (I can also view them using Thunderbird).

procmail, info procmail

After creating some rule with procmail, the existing mbox can be
processed as follows:

1. cd Mail
# or the directory where mbox or the mail is
2. mv mbox something
# this prevents problems, since the rule may send some email to mbox,
# that is, most likely it will
3. cat something | formail -s procmail
# See man formail, man procmailrc, man procmail, etc.