Re: How to Forwarding all old emails to a new email address

Once upon a time Thanhvu Nguyen said...

> I want to forward all my old mails to a new email address one by one
> instead of a big achieve. Of course I can manually forward one by one but
> I like to have this automated. Is there any (mail) application that allows
> me to do filters to do what I want ?
>
> My inbox has about thousands of msg's in mailbox format, current I use
> mutt to view them (I can also view them using Thunderbird).

With mutt:

1) Tag all the messages (Shift-T ~A <enter>)
2) bounce all tagged messages to another address (;b <address>

This bounces the messages - ie it remails the message as is without
adding any other headers or text. It means the emails will retain the
original from and to address. A forwarded message will get new from and
to addresses.