Re: Using Openldap for office contacts

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:26:01AM +1100, Robert S wrote:
> I'm wondering if it might be possible to convert our contacts database
> (currently we're using MS Outlook 2000) over to Openldap.  There would need
> to be some simple way with which we could modify records in the ldap
> database.

> So far it looks as if you need to write a program that converts a .csv to an
> .ldif file then import it into ldap.

such a script sounds like the way to go for the initial import...

  http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200308/msg00598.html

> need to be able to use a windows client program to do that.

I don't know what software would be best to update the contacts database from
windows, there's apparently a program "luma" that does it from Debian.

  http://luma.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

anyone know about updating ldap addressbooks from windows?

don't mail clients allow you to update ldap addressbooks?

Sorry, I have no clues about LDAP!

Sam