Using Openldap for office contacts

I have installed debian in our office - principally for use as a mail
server, using courier-imap.  We've got about 6 windows PCs and one debian
box.  Has worked without a hitch and everyone is very pleased with it.  I'm
wondering if it might be possible to convert our contacts database
(currently we're using MS Outlook 2000) over to Openldap.  There would need
to be some simple way with which we could modify records in the ldap
database.  So far it looks as if you need to write a program that converts a
.csv to an .ldif file then import it into ldap.  This is much too
complicated - we'd need to be able to use a windows client program to do
that.

So far I've got the impression that there is no easy way of doing this at
the moment.

Is there a website that explains how to do this?