Re: Neuros Digital Audio omputer (MP3 Player)

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 04:11:48PM -0500, David Mandelberg wrote:
> Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > As far as compatibility is concerned, it works perfectly for me. Some
> > people have had problems with lockups using the USB 1.1 version but
> > switching from usb-uhci to uhci or vice-versa usually fixed it. I
> > would very much recommend getting the USB 2.0 version however, since
> > the speed difference is enormous.
> I have USB2 ports on my computer and am planning on getting the USB2
> version. Is there anything special I need to do to get USB(2) working or
> do I just plug, dmesg | tail, mount, and play?

Nope, it's as simple as that. Just make sure you have ehci instead of
uhci loaded or it'll be SLOOOOOOOW. (USB 1.1 slow to be exact.) Or if
you feel up for a bit of extra work before you get it, upgrade to a
2.6 kernel (if you haven't already) and run udev. Every time I plug my
neuros in I get a device called /dev/neuros created and I'm ready to
go. You can also set up hotplug to launch your sync manager of choice
when you plug it in.

Enjoy your Neuros. :)

--
Alex Malinovich