Re: Grub menu.lst

Eriberto wrote:
A suggestion. Why you don't install kernel wich apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.8-1-i686? I think your compilation don't has success.

Freddy Freeloader escreveu:

I did that install with the sarge installer and the 2.4.26 kernel. I later installed the 2.6.9 kernel from source. My problem is that now I get a kernel panic message on boot saying "VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block" when trying to boot to the 2.6 kernel.

I don't like the pre-compiled kernel-images. I have tried three of them and have had a lot of problems with each of them. I've compiled about a half-dozen of my own kernels and they are faster and I can't get usb to work at all with stock Debian 2.6 kernels on my machines. I can get usb to work with my own custom compiled kernels.