Re: Laser Printer

On Friday 26 November 2004 10:44 am, Jeremy Turner wrote:

> I second the support for Samsung.  I recently bought the ML-1740, and on
> the side of the box it actually states support for Linux.  I saw the
> other day on some site like BestBuy.com or something that it was selling
> for $100 with a $50 mail-in rebate (total cost, $50).  I don't know how
> useful that is to you over in Europe, but dirt cheap.  I'm just about
> out of the first toner cartridge.  They say it's good for 1000 pages.
> It has worked well with CUPS and Samba.  In Sarge, I used the PPD from
> the ML-1710 model.

I bought a used Laserjet 4+ with 50mb of ram, 10mb Jetdirect and postscript
for around $130USD. It is drag through the mud reliable, supported on
everything (I use the Gimp-Print drivers) and lasts forever...

Check Ebay, they are usually cheap and if you look you can find them with
duplexing (thats my next add-on).
--
And I'm right. I'm always right, but in this case I'm just a
bit more right than I usually am." - Linus Torvalds