Re: Laser Printer

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 10:43, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to buy a laser printer in the range of 200-250 Euro and
> would like to get one that will work under Debian without all too much
> fuss. From the specs and the price, Lexmark E232t is looking pretty
> nice. Has anyone set this up under a testing Debian system? Can this (or
> another printer) be recommended?

Samsung ML-1450
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Printer/Laser/Printer_Laser_ML_1450_sp.htm

Samsung support Linux better than some. My ML-1450 came with out-of-date
drivers on the CD, but I downloaded The latest Linux driver from the
website and it installed OK. This was with Woody.

I now have Sarge which has its own CUPS drivers for the ML-1450, so
installation is even easier.

The Samsung driver pops up an X option screen at every print request -
rather as in Windoze. You can get the same functionality with the CUPS
driver by using the xpp package. This is especially useful for fake
duplex printing or multiple pages per sheet.

Hth

Chris
--
Chris Lale <chrislale@untrammelled.co.uk>