Re: Laser Printer

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:03:52PM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
> Samsung support Linux better than some. My ML-1450 came with out-of-date
> drivers on the CD, but I downloaded The latest Linux driver from the
> website and it installed OK. This was with Woody.

I second the support for Samsung.  I recently bought the ML-1740, and on
the side of the box it actually states support for Linux.  I saw the
other day on some site like BestBuy.com or something that it was selling
for $100 with a $50 mail-in rebate (total cost, $50).  I don't know how
useful that is to you over in Europe, but dirt cheap.  I'm just about
out of the first toner cartridge.  They say it's good for 1000 pages.
It has worked well with CUPS and Samba.  In Sarge, I used the PPD from
the ML-1710 model.

No complaints here.

Jeremy