Re: [OT] k3b won't fully ackowledge a friends CDR/CDRW

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:31:11 -0800, Rodney D. Myers
<rdmyers@mtpalomar.net> wrote:

I have an elderly woman, whom I installed debian sarge for.

She now has a cdrwriter installed on her computer, but it fails to full
recognize it. it shows the writer as a reader under all user
accounts,but not under root account.

I'm working remotely, so it's a slow go process.

I've set her k3b the same way as I've set up my version..

I also setup xcdroast, and it successfully finds the reader & the
writer.

No matter what I try, I cannot get k3b to recognized the cdriter.

In the config, it sows the writer as a reader, but it show it to be able
to be write to cdrw, but not cdr

This is the kernel she is running;
uname -a
Linux elkys-home 2.6.8-1-k7 #1 Thu Nov 11 12:47:56 EST 2004 i686
GNU/Linux

Maybe reverting to kernel 2.6.7.
I've no direct experience but If you look in the list you'll find that
others reported the same problem as there are some issues with CD
writing with 2.6.8 and 2.6.9.

What happens when you use cdrecord and write something?

H.

Andrea