Re: configure PS2 mouse through KVM Switch to serial port on Debian with Xfree

Hello Greg,

Sunday, November 21, 2004, 4:32:17 PM, Greg Strong wrote:

> How do you configure a PS/2 mouse through a KVM Switch connected to a
> PS/2 to serial port adaptor to the serial port on a PC with Xfree?

I've been informed to try the configuration below:

>Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier  "Serial Mouse"
>        Driver      "mouse"
>        Option      "Protocol" "Microsoft"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
>        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
>        Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
>        Option      "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
>EndSection

I'm new to Linux and Debian.  Do I use 'VI' to edit 'XF86Config-4' file
or do I have to run the command 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86'?
From reading the 'XF86Config-4' file it looks like you have to put
configuration either at the beginning or end.  If you put at the end
what about the mouse configuration settings in the middle of the file?

--
Best Regards,
Greg Strong