Re: Apache -- maybe config problems

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:30:23 -0500, Carl Fink wrote:

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:52:00PM -0500, Marc Shapiro wrote:

This sounds like a configuration problem preventing the included .js file from actually being included when the page is requested. The .js file is in the same direcory as the requested page.

Actually, it sounds to me like a problem with your HTML, not Apache at
all.

Check the URLs for the JavaScript in the pages you're serving.  If
they're of the form "file:///something.js" they'll work locally
but not over an HTTP connection.

As you can see from the following, the filename uses no 'file:' or 'http:' designation and I would expect it to find the .js file relative to the lolcation of the .html file, just like 'href=' does in a link. If it works differently when fed by an http server, then what do I do to get it to work properly in both situations.

This is the <head> section of my page:

<head>
<title>Title goes here</title>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="ClickShowHideMenu.js"></script>
    body {
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    .click-menu {
    }
    .click-menu .box1 {
        background: url("images/foot.gif") no-repeat;
        color: #000000;
    }
    .click-menu .box1-hover {
        background: url("images/foot.gif") no-repeat;
        color: #FF0000;
    }
    .click-menu .box1-open {
        background: url("images/foot-click.gif") no-repeat;
        color: #000000;
    }
    .click-menu .box1-open-hover {
        background: url("images/foot-click.gif") no-repeat;
        color: #FF0000;
    }
    .click-menu .box1,
    .click-menu .box1-hover,