Re: xcdroast and 2.6.9 in Debian

Roy Pluschke wrote:

There appears to be a problem with 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 kernels and cdrecord. This problem is well documented -- see for example: http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/3644 You either have to apply a patch or burn cd's as root. Some people are also having trouble burning audio cd's where the cpu usage goes through the roof. I would recommend downgrading to the 2.6.7 kernel again until these issues are sorted out.

R. Pluschke

I was thinking of going the SCSI route on my desktop (CD burner and U160 hard disk), would I still be affected by this problem?