Re: Fatal: open /initrd.img: No such file or directory. Um. help?

Incoming from John Kenneth Fisher:

> >debian:/home/jkfisher# lilo
> >Fatal: open /initrd.img: No such file or directory
>
> How do I make one?
>
> I used apt-get (actually wajig, but who's counting?) to update, which
> I've done many times before, but for the first time I've seen, LILO is
> throwing an error, and I'm afraid to restart, in case the comp doesn't
> come back up.
>
> >Preparing to replace kernel-image-2.6.8-1-686 2.6.8-5 (using
> >[snip]
> > Initial rootdisk image: /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-686 (Size: 4540kB)

I suspect that lilo is just being told the wrong location of
initrd.img; try editing lilo.conf telling it /boot/...

The last time I installed a binary kernel, initrd.img came with it, so
it's probably there.  You're just not telling lilo where it is.
Failing the above:

  find / -type f -name initrd.img* -print

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -