Re: tvtime works, xawtv doesn't ?

Tim Timmerman wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I need some help understanding this one:
>
>    I'm trying to set up a mythtv system (using some debian packages
>    linked to from the mythtv site, haven't got the URL to hand).
>
>    I managed to get the database set up etc, but whatever I tried,
>    I couldn't get a picture.
>
>    However, I can watch tv without problems using tvtime, or mplayer.
>    No picture with mythtv or xawtv (xawtv used to work, about a year ago)
>
>    Kernel is 2.6.5  or 2.6.9, no patches. System is debian woody.
>
>    TV card is a pinnacle bt8x8 based system, quite generic.
>

>     Any suggestions ?
One very good suggestion I got:

   apparently xawtv doesn't like the nvidia drivers. Starting xawtv with
-noxv worked. Think I'll have to take a look at the mythtv code.

	TimT

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ASML is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.