Re: playing mkv files.

Alex Polite wrote:
I'm trying to play som mkv (matroska) video files. So far I've tried
mplayer, xine, vlc and gstreamer, all from unstable. None of them are
able to play the files. Xine complains about a missing demuxer. I know
that these programs support matroska so I guess the problem is the
debian packs aren't compiled with matroska support. Are there any
unofficial packs for unstable with matroska support, or do I have to
compile it myself?

alex

Xine in unstable/marillat's mplayer both work fine for me with mkv. I think it is more likely that you are having problems with the codecs than mkv itself.