Re: courier-mta + amavisd-new + spamassassin

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:20:14 +0100, Frederik Dannemare
<frederik@dannemare.net> wrote:

>I have placed them at http://www.sentinel.dk/files/

Thanks to you i found the problem:

The following lines from amavisd.conf are verry important and are
commented out by default:

$mailfrom_notify_admin     = "postmaster\@$mydomain";
$mailfrom_notify_recip     = "postmaster\@$mydomain";

Thats the only think, that was/is missing in your howto.

>> Is amavis in your setup able to add additional header fields?
>Come to think of it, I think you're right. I believe amavisd-new is not
>able to rewrite the header. Anyway, I just throw away any mail that is
>infected. I don't notice sender and recipient, or anybody else.

I did a little research and its by design, that courier does not allow
any email modification (header rewriting or what ever) until the
message leaves the mta. Modifing can only be accomplished by the mda
witch normaly means maildrop filter configuration.

Anyway i realy have to thank you for your help!

Ciao,
Horst