Re: courier-mta + amavisd-new + spamassassin

On Sunday 21 November 2004 21:45, Horst Bursik wrote:
> Hi Frederik,
>
> Thank you very much for your notes - I'll give them a try in the next
> days and let you know if I find something that may be not in your
> notes.
>
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 03:10:10 +0100, Frederik Dannemare
>
> <frederik@dannemare.net> wrote:
> >mention. Maybe you can use some of it, maybe you can't. The patch I
> >refer to is a slightly edited version of the courier patch that is
> >included in the amavisd-new Debian package. I had to slighty adjust
> > the pacth here and there - otherwise it would not apply cleanly
> > (maybe this has changed since I did my install?).
>
> Do you still have the adjusted patch or is
> http://sentinel.dk/linux/debian/patches/amavisd-new-courier-debian.pa
>tch already the modified version?

Yes,
http://sentinel.dk/linux/debian/patches/amavisd-new-courier-debian.patch
is my modified version of the original courier patch. My modified patch
will apply cleanly to the amavisd-new sources in Debian, whereas the
original patch (named amavisd-new-courier.patch) does not apply
cleanly, simply because the Debian package maintainers of amavisd-new
have made small changes to the amavisd-new sources (which the original
courier patch, of course, does not know about).

> Did amavisd-new in your setup work with full features? Or are there
> some limitations?

I haven't noticed any limitations in my particular setup, but on the
other hand, I may not be using features that you may want to use.
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare