LFS + Debian

Just need some info/suggestion before i proceed to
experiment on my system.

I have WinXP and Sarge on my system. WinXP is loaded
on first drive /dev/hda1. Debian is in /dev/hda2
-/boot and /dev/hda6- / (hda3,hda5 being swap)
My boot-loader is grub. I need to remove windows and
put LFS-5.1.1(Linux From Scratch) into it.
1) I need to ensure that my debian wont have any probs
after i build LFS. PLease let me know rescue disk CD
resource / howto rescue etc. I have installed sarge
thru netinst floppies..so i dont have any CD. Would
woody CD server as rescue for sarge too?

2) If i remove windows in /dev/hda1 and partition it
in 2  partitions....let me know the changes i need to
carry out in order to boot debian.

Regards;
Rituraj