Re: intel compiler not finding (system) header files

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

yes I did all this! it's the C++ that seems to be causing problems when
looking for header files (eg I compiled up all of mpich without problem)

Ok. How about -cxxlib-icc option then?

$cat sizes.cpp
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main() {
 cout << sizeof(char) << "\n";
 cout << sizeof(int) << "\n";
 cout << sizeof(float) << "\n";
 cout << sizeof(double) << "\n";
}

$icc -I /opt/intel_cc_80/include/c++/ -cxxlib-icc sizes.cpp

$./a.out
1
4
4
8

Dont know if it works for you. But worth giving a try.

raju

Raju et al - here's what I get (below)... ie by adding -cxxlib-icc (no need for the -I/...intel.../lib) it does indeed work. So what is this telling us? I guess it's saying all the stuff is there but plain 'icc' doesn't know where to look (but I thought it should!)

Michael

michael@ratty:/tmp$ icc sizes.cpp
sizes.cpp(1): catastrophic error: could not open source file "iostream"
 #include <iostream>
                    ^

compilation aborted for sizes.cpp (code 4)
michael@ratty:/tmp$ icc -cxxlib-icc sizes.cpp
michael@ratty:/tmp$ ./a.out
1
4