Re: intel compiler not finding (system) header files

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:55:49 +0000, michael
<linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk> wrote:
Folks, on my Debian dual-Xeon box, I have tried to install the Intel
C/C++ compiler (ifc). I have followed Intel's instructions in "Platform

ifc is intel fortran compiler. icc is the intel c/c++ compiler

However, when I try to compile code that has usual C++ headers in (eg
"#include <iostream>") it fails to find them.

I presume it's not looking in the default system libraries...

Did you set up the environment variables properly? I have the
following lines in my .bashrc for icc

# added the following lines for icc to work
if [ -f /opt/intel_cc_80/bin/iccvars.sh ]; then
	source /opt/intel_cc_80/bin/iccvars.sh
fi

the iccvars.sh takes care of the necessary environment variables.
Ofcourse, the actual path for this file differs depending your
INSTALLDIR.

Ideas?

let us know if that works out for you.

\

yes I did all this! it's the C++ that seems to be causing problems when looking for header files (eg I compiled up all of mpich without problem)