Re: And the thing is installed by apt-get at... ??

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:31:01 +0200
ocl <ocl@arayan.com> wrote:

> > I'm not a GNOME user, but I would expect it to have a menu
> > creation/adjustment capability.  Maybe one of the GNOMErs will speak
> > up.
>
> I'd be grateful if someone could. I have been unable to locate
> one. The KDE one (kmenuedit) can run under Gnome, but I wasn't
> able to make it useful. Whatever I changed in kmenuedit did not
> alter anything in Gnome. So, I am thinking kmenuedit is KDE only.
> But, what is available for Gnome?
>
> Cheers,
> Ray

A quick perusal  of Synaptic's proggie list (OK, I searched it) unveils
gtweakui, "a collection of simple dialogs as a front end to GConf. This
is a fairly simple project. A collection of simple dialogues as a front
end to GConf. We will provide extra configuration settings for GNOME
that'power users' have been requesting since the release of GNOME 2.0.

Presently, dialogs with settings for Nautilus, the Session and Menus are
provided."

Of course, I haven't tried it, but...

Cybe R. Wizard
--