And the thing is installed by apt-get at... ??

Hi all,

I know this does sound like the lamest question, but I
simply have to ask it --please flame sparingly :-)

When I do an 'apt-get install <something>', does <something>
actually get placed in a menu item under somewhere under
the 'Applications' --referring to Gnome.

If so, how do I know which menu path <something> has been
placed --other than going thru every single menu and trying
to guess whether the menu item just added bears a resemblence
to the <something> that I 'apt-get'ted.

And, a second question --if I may: Is there a GUI way (i.e.
using Nautilus) to create launcable menu-items under
'Applications'? I tried 'File --> Create Launcher' but
it comes up paractically blank.

Thank you all