From: Mike Mestnik [mailto:cheako911@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 5:58 PM
To: Nabil MALIK / KTEFH - OTAS; debian-firewall@lists.debian.org;
debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: snort logging in mysql on Debian!

--- NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:

> Fellows,
>
> Can you guide me or point me to some document(s) that would allow me
/usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/
http://localhost/doc/

> setup snort/acid on Debian. I am especially interested on running
snort
> and acid (apache/mysql etc) on the same machine.
>
> If you have time, here is the problem that I am facing...
> I am not able to log into mysql. I am using woody and installed the
Use the root account to setup databases and users as you would with any
mysql database.

> snort-mysql package. However, the /etc/init.d/snort script points to
> /etc/snort/snort.debian.conf file as configuration file. If I add the
> output database.... line in snort.debian.conf file, it gives me an
> error. If I change the /etc/init.d/snort script and make it refer to
What error?

> /etc/snort/snort.conf file as the default configuration file, it again
> gives error. How do I make the snort daemon to log into mysql? Even
> dpkg-reconfigure snort-mysql doesn't take mysql logging into account.

This lookes like a bug report.  After the install is complete the daemon
should be running and allready using mysql.

reportbug snort-mysql; # File as a whishlist.

> Regards,
>
> -Nabil.

DISCLAIMER:
Bu elektronik posta ve ekleri, sadece yukarida ismi yazili alicinin dikkatine gonderilmistir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz, icerigini ve varsa ekindeki dosyalari kimseye aktarmayiniz ya da kopyalamayiniz. Boyle bir durumda gondereni uyarip, mesaji imha ediniz. KUVEYT TURK E.F.K. A.S bu e-postanin ve eklerinin icerdigi bilgilerin size degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun ve gizliliginin korunamamasindan veya icerigine guvenilerek yapilacak islemlerden dolayi sorumlu tutulamaz.
This e-mail & its content have been sent to the attention of the receiver named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), Please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Kuwait Turkish Evkaf Finance House shall not be held liable for the arrival of this e-mail & its content as modified or late, the protection of integrity and secrecy and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.