Re: snort logging in mysql on Debian!

--- NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:

> Fellows,
>
> Can you guide me or point me to some document(s) that would allow me to
/usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/
http://localhost/doc/

> setup snort/acid on Debian. I am especially interested on running snort
> and acid (apache/mysql etc) on the same machine.
>
> If you have time, here is the problem that I am facing...
> I am not able to log into mysql. I am using woody and installed the
Use the root account to setup databases and users as you would with any
mysql database.

> snort-mysql package. However, the /etc/init.d/snort script points to
> /etc/snort/snort.debian.conf file as configuration file. If I add the
> output database.... line in snort.debian.conf file, it gives me an
> error. If I change the /etc/init.d/snort script and make it refer to
What error?

> /etc/snort/snort.conf file as the default configuration file, it again
> gives error. How do I make the snort daemon to log into mysql? Even
> dpkg-reconfigure snort-mysql doesn't take mysql logging into account.

This lookes like a bug report.  After the install is complete the daemon
should be running and allready using mysql.

reportbug snort-mysql; # File as a whishlist.