Re: Newbie Nvidia/Woody problem

Many thanks for your reply.  I really appreciate your efforts to help.
Unfortunately, you have overestimated my abilities!  I started on this
literally just yesterday, and doing anything at all is requiring a great
deal of research and trial-and-error!  Specifically:

> Well woody also supports Linux 2.4.x and that is what you should use.
> AFAIR Nvidia supports online Linux 2.4.x and Linux 2.6.x ATM.
> I suggest you to install a recent Linux Kernel, try www.backports.org
packages.
> Then you should be able to run the nvidia driver.

I've looked at the page you suggest.  There are lots of files named
kernel-something-2.4.x-something.  I'm afraid I've no idea which ones to
download, or what to do with them once I've downloaded them!

> gcc 2.7? I don't think that woody ships such an old compiler. 2.95 is
default
> in woody.

Believe me, apart from umpteen versions of the Nvidia driver installation
file, everything I have came right off the Woody cd's in a vanilla install!