Re: where are debian boot-messages logged?

Bram Mertens wrote (21-11-2004 11:15):
Hi

On my desktop (running SuSE 8.2) the messages printed to tty1 when the
machine is booting are stored in /var/log/boot.msg.  On my laptop I
can't find any file in /var/log/ that contains these messages.

Are they logged somewhere else?  If so where and how should I have been
able to find them?  I haven't been able to find info on this on Google
or in Debian's documentation.

I have then in /var/log/dmesg on my debian testing systems

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://linux.seindal.dk/
Seindal Consult