ssh w/o password?

I have a two machine network at home and I want to replace ftp and telnet with ssh for security reasons. I am under the impression that it is possible to set things up so that I do not have to login with my password, but I have not been able to do so.

My user name is the same on both boxes.

I am connecting from a Sarge box, the host I am trying to connect to is running Woody.

When I connect for the first time I get a message saying that the host can not be authenticated, do I want to continue. I say yes and I am presented with a prompt for my password. I enter the password and I am in.

On subsequent connections, I no longer get the warning (I now have a .ssh/known_hosts file which contains the name, IP address and ssh-rsa key for the other machine -- this is the ONLY file in the directory) but I still need to supply my password.

It seems to me that I need to set up personal keys and this is what I am lacking, but I have not determined how to do so. The host keys were created at setup, but I have no clue how to create personal keys. How do I create these keys.

Is there anything else that I need to do to config files to get this to work?

Thanks for any and all help.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com