Re: autofs or am-utils?

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Since I'm an xterm kinda guy instead of a nautilus user, what is
> > the best package to use to automatically recognize & mount these
>
> Autofs :-)  Make some directories under /media for your devices, and teach
> autofs to automount them.  The devices won't be mounted upon insertion, but
> rather upon access.  This is usually good enough.

if running as root, i think the gui pops up the device being
inserted plugged in

if running as user, you might need to add extra options in /etc/fstab
and in autofs files ( /etc/auto.master -> /etc/auto.removable )

since i had the pesky popups when a cd is inserted ... just just kill
it vs figuring out where it all came from
	- discover vs anaconda vs other hw insert/detect apps
	- the gui apps
	- the kernel needs plug-n-play turned on too
	( i turn it off in my configs )

c ya
alvin