Re: Trying to install alien made wxPython .deb package.

At Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:59:41 -0700,
Anthony Hoskins wrote:

> Good day folks,
>
> I am trying to update my wxPython package so I can run Boa Constructor.
> I have tried installing from source, but encountered some errors which I
> don't remember now, but could probably replicate if need be.
>
> I also tried installing via apt-get, which left me with an outdated
> distrobution of wxPython, and currently i'm getting the message when trying
> to start Boa: Sorry! This version of Boa requires atleast wxPython 2.4.0.7
>
> So I tried to get the packages from the wxPython site, but they only have
> packages for Redhat, and I think Mandrake. I then tried to download and
> convert with alien two packages:

What version of debian is this?

There is a package for boa-constructor and for the various wx packages versions
2.4.2 and 2.5.1 in unstable and probably testing (2.5.1 is a bit old for 2.5
packge as 2.5.3 is out)

Look in http://www.backports.org/ and http://www.apt-get.org if you are using
woody whether someone backported newer ones to woody.

The latest cvs snapshot (2.5.3), which is considered rather stable BTW, contains
now the code for building the debian package. I can post the build I made
somewhere if you want (its for unstable, no modifications to the cvs version).