Re: framebuffer in 2.6.9, anybody got it working?

At Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:55:23 -0500,
H. S. wrote:

> I have been trying to get frambuffer bootup work in 2.6.9 without
> success so far. Cannot get the logo at all. Screen is blank till X
> starts up. I have same experience on Sid machines, one uses nv driver
> and the other ati.
>
> If somebody has that high resolution screen boot up working with the tux
> logo in 2.6.9, could you post the relevant parts of the .config file?

works for me with the following options compiled in (not modules) on mach64

support for frame buffer devices
enable video mode handling helpers (probably not needed for vesa)
VESA VGA graphics support
video mode selection support
frame buffer console support

I didn't enable boot logo (takes up screen space) and didn't try the mach64
driver for some time now. Had a few problems with it's support and vesa is good
enough for me for my console use.